This quick Paneer (cottage cheese) dish is liked by all. Its even a great side dish which can be served to guests with Dal, Rajma or Chicken. You can also serve it with fried rice (chinese style)! It only takes 15-20 mins to cook and very little preparation is required. The recipe is good for four people.
- 200 gram Paneer / Cottage cheese (1 inch cubes)
- 2 Medium Capsicum (chop in 1 inch cubes)
- 2 Medium Onions (chop in 1 inch cubes)
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dhaniya / Coriander Powder
- 2 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Chings Schezwan Chutney ( else you can use chopped garlic, soy sauce and red chilli sauce)
- Salt to taste
- In the mixer puree tomatoes. You can add a green chilli if you like spicy food.
- Heat oil in the wok. Add jeera, dhaniya powder and red chilli powder.
- Immediately add tomato puree to the wok. Please make sure you don’t burn your dry masala.
- Let the tomatoes cook for few minutes. The water will evaporate and you will see oil separating from the tomatoes. Cook it on medium flame. Keep stirring in between.
- Add tomato ketchup and schezwan chutney to the tomatoes.
- Now add chopped onions and capsicum and salt to taste. Mix well and cover.
- Add paneer cubes when the onions and capsicum are little soft. I don’t overcook them otherwise they loose their crunch.
- Mix well and cover for 5 minutes.
- Your dish is ready to be served!