This Saturday i cooked simple chicken curry for dinner and posted a video on Instagram. After seeing it there people asked me for the recipe in detail. So here you go guys!
- 1 kg Chicken (i use full chicken legs cut in three pieces and neck piece)
- 7-8 finely chopped medium Onions
- 4 tomatoes (puree)
- 6-8 garlic cloves paste or chopped
- One spoon ginger paste
- 2 Green Chillies (optional)
- 100 ml (two serving spoons) Mustard oil
- 2 Black Cardamom Big
- 2-3 Dry Red Chillies
- 2-3 Bay Leaves (Tej Patta)
- 1 teaspoon Jeera
- 2 teaspoon Garam Masala (i use MDH )
- Red Chilli 1/2 spoon and coriander powder 1 spoon
- Water 3 cups (you can reduce or increase as per your gravy requirement)
- Salt to taste
- Heat mustard oil in a wok till it turns light yellow in color. Add jeera seeds, black cardamom, tej patta and dried red chillies
- Without burning the dry masalas, immediately add finely chopped onions and saute till they turn golden brown
- Add ginger and garlic paste to the onions and roast for another 3-4 minutes
- Now add your dry masala to the onions and roast for saute for another 4-5 minutes (Dry Masala – Red Chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and garam masala)
- Add pureed tomatoes and green chillies to the onions. I use blender for the tomatoes
- Keep stirring in small intervals till the mix leaves oil. It will take approx 10-15 mins
- Now add nicely washed and cleaned raw chicken to the masala and mix well
- Let the chicken roast in the masala for 5-7 minutes on medium-high flame. Keep stirring in between as you don’t want to burn your chicken
- Add water to the chicken, bring it to a boil. After that put your flame on low and cover the wok.
- Let it cook for 30-40 mins. Do stir a couple of times in between. If the chicken leaves the bone easily then its cooked! Oil will also start showing on top of the gravy.
Serve it with steamed rice or hot chapatis!
Also watch it on youtube Chicken Curry Video